Re: [Gluster-devel] How can I user strpe + replicate mode in gluster 3.2

From: Emmanuel Dreyfus
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] How can I user strpe + replicate mode in gluster 3.2.1?
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 05:26:46 +0000

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:45:28AM +0800, ?? wrote:
> I can write the .vol in the client side to use the stripe + replicate mode to
> store large files safely in the previous version. Now, I tested the latest
> version gluster 3.2.1with the command line mode. But I find that I can't use
> the stripe + replicate mode now. How can I use the stripe + replicate mode to
> store data in the lastest version 3.2.1?

I obtained it by using "gluster volume create" with "repliace 2"
and specifying 4 bricks. There is a trap to avoid: the order in
which you specify the bricks is important: the two first bricks
shall be on two different servers. gluster will not be smart if
you specify the two first bricks on the same server:  you will have
data replicated on the same machines, and therefore no failover.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus