Re: [Gluster-devel] DHT-based Replication

From: Jerker Nyberg
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] DHT-based Replication
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:04:52 +0100 (CET)

It is such a good idea that an implementation has already been merged in the Linux kernel. :)

http://kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/ceph.txt

When I first created the Wikipedia pages for Ceph and GlusterFS in january 2007 I added references to each other. I hope for some cross-fertilization of ideas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GlusterFS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceph

I look forward to adding high-availability and high-performance services on top of these file systems when they are stable enough.

Also interesting is that the LLNL native port of ZFS seem to be reasonably stable, at least for my backup server. Deduplication and compression on the file system level.

http://www.zfsonlinux.org/

--jerker