Re: [Gluster-devel] Support of Solaris

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Support of Solaris
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:33:34 +0530

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 7:46 AM, HongHui Ding <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi developers,
>
> Will glusterfs not support Solaris and it's forks any more (version
> 3.2 and later)?
> If so, we will not deploy is to our Solaris zfs based storages.
>
> It's really appreciated if you can give me the clue.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Honghui Ding

Hi Honghui, We decided to move away from Solaris after Oracle pulled
the plug on OpenSolaris. This decision happened much before Red Hat
acquisition of Gluster. Problem is not just in maintaining the port,
but performing rigorous  QA of every release on Solaris. If any
community maintainer steps up for the solaris port, we will be more
than happy to back him/her up.

--
Anand Babu Periasamy
Blog [ http://www.unlocksmith.org ]

Imagination is more important than knowledge --Albert Einstein