[Gluster-devel] git-review

From: Monty Taylor
Subject: [Gluster-devel] git-review
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:12:31 +0000

Hey guys!

I work on the OpenStack project on the CI team. Like Gluster, we use
Gerrit for code review - and actually when we started using Gerrit, we
totally used your rfc.sh script as a way for our devs to easily submit
changes (thanks!)

Since then, we got feature requests, and we got tired of copying the
script (and any changes to it) into all of our projects (we've got
upwards of 20 of them)

Long story short, we wrote a tool called git-review, which when
installed presents as a git subcommand "git review" and, in basic
operation, works pretty much like rfc.sh. It also supports submitting
code to branches other than master, as well as downloading changes from
gerrit into a local branch for ease of review/editing.

The code can be found at:

https://github.com/openstack-ci/git-review

is managed on our gerrit at:

https://review.openstack.org/

Getting started with it is super easy: sudo pip install git-review and
you're off to the races. (I've got a todo list item to get it packaged
and uploaded to debian/ubuntu. I'm hoping someone will do the same for
fedora)

Since we used rfc.sh from you guys, I thought it would only be polite to
return the favor in case it's something you'd like to use.

Thanks!
Monty