Re: [Gluster-devel] Re : problem with running mysql on glusterfs

From: Patrick Matthäi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Re : problem with running mysql on glusterfs
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:22:40 +0100

Am 02.01.2012 15:59, schrieb Timo:
Filipe Maia<address@hidden>  writes:
1). I have to restart mysql on client side after mounting then only it
allows to login me  , this correct  or I am getting problem .

I don't quite understand the problem. Are you saying you have to start
mysql only after mounting /var/lib/mysql? This seems reasonable.

Hi I have the same Problem. The Problem is the following (Server A and B):
Letz say we have to mysql Servers sitting on glusterfs.
I start the first one (A) and can connect to it simply by "mysql -p" on A

So -- now I am starting the 2nd one - again I can connect from server B by
"mysql -p"

now it is getting funny:
I go back to server A and try to connect again then I get:
"ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)"
If I try something like: "mysql -p -h 127.0.0.1" it works again
Just "mysql -p -h localhost" seems to fail on the Firstly started Server

on the last started server (B) I have no problems at all -- until I restart
mysqld on A: then I have the same issues with Server A

I think the socket is the problem as it is bind to the first server - May I be
right here?

I already tryed to have for each server its own socket but then I need to give
all the time the option --socket.

I think you are doing it wrong.
Sockets could not be replicated across multiple hosts (not with glusterfs, also not with other solutions). It is the same as with .pid files (the PID of a process is not equal on all servers).

That is the reason why most distributions move such files to /var/run (which is not meant for replication).

Cheers.