[Gluster-devel] Is it possible to setup a RAID 6 using GlusterFS?

From: Pascal
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Is it possible to setup a RAID 6 using GlusterFS?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:39:36 +0200

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to setup a GlusterFS
installation which is comparable to a RAID 6? I did some research in
the community and several mailing lists and all I could find were the
similar request from 2009
(http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2009-May/002208.html,
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.ph/Talk:GlusterFS_Roadmap_Suggestions).

I would just like to have a scenario where two GlusterFS nodes/servers,
respectively their hard drives, could fail at the same time.

Thanks in advance!
Pascal