Re: [Gluster-devel] replicate background threads

From: Ian Latter
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] replicate background threads
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 18:02:26 +1000

Hello Pranith,

  Michael has come back from his business trip and
we're about to start testing again (though now under
kernel 3.2.13 and GlusterFS 3.2.6).

  I've published the 32bit (i586) client on the Saturn
project site if anyone is chasing it;
  http://midnightcode.org/projects/saturn/

  One quick question, is there a tune-able parameter
that will allow a stat to be non blocking (i.e. to stop
self-heal going foreground) when the background
self heal count is reached?
  I.e. rather than having the stat hang for 2 days
while the files are replicated, we'd rather it fell
through and allowed subsequent stats to attempt
background self healing (perhaps at a time when
background self heal slots are available).

Thanks,