Re: [Gluster-devel] rename(2) on open file loose unsync data

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] rename(2) on open file loose unsync data
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 07:55:41 -0700

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus <address@hidden> wrote:
Amar Tumballi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can you try with disabling 'write-behind' and 'quick-read' ? We have these
> type of tests in our QA which works fine on master branch as of now. Will
> reconfirm the behavior with master on GNU/Linux.

I tracked this down to NetBSD not sending FSYNC before RENAME. The data
is therefore not flushed at rename time. I will change that behavior in
NetBSD FUSE to fix the issue.

I don't see that as a necessity, unless the system crashes and reboots immediately after the rename(). Did you get to try amar's suggestions?

Avati