Re: [Gluster-devel] Is it possible to setup a RAID 6 using GlusterFS?

From: David Coulson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Is it possible to setup a RAID 6 using GlusterFS?
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 09:35:16 -0400

If you are using distributed-replicate, the max file size is the capacity available on an individual brick (16gb in this case). if you use stripe-replicate, it will split the file across all of the bricks. I believe stripe-replicate is only available in 3.3beta/rc at this time.

Your volume size will always be 64gb, other than if you had 3 nodes fail at the same time (and you would have data unavailable at that point). Your total available capacity will be 1/3 the capacity of all your bricks together due to the replica-3 configuration.