[Gluster-devel] several question about reading

From: luogenxiong
Subject: [Gluster-devel] several question about reading
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:30:22 +0800

Hi
    I am using glusterfs now and reading the source code of the file read.Now I encounter the following question:
   1.What are the differences between the quick-read and io-cache in reading files?
   2.I find the writev(priv->fd, iov_out, count ) function in fuse_readv_cbk function ,but I do not know its use.Does it write the content in iov_out to priv->fd? Is the priv->fd is referenced to the file been reading? And I found this would cause the communication between the client and the server and the message transferred is large.Does it transfer the content in iov_out to the server ? If this was so,where did the server store the content transferred?
   Thank you!
2012-04-10

luogenxiong