Re: [Gluster-devel] Google Summer of Code - GlusterFS & Fedora Project

From: John Mark Walker
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Google Summer of Code - GlusterFS & Fedora Project
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:22:33 -0400 (EDT)

I think this is the basic understanding of what we discussed. CC'ing AB and Avati to see if they have anything they wish to add.

-JM

Hi john,

I think I have rough idea about the project now(A binding language translator for glusterfs). Let me present it to you. Pls correct mistakes. Also I have cc-ied the gluster-dev mailing address for suggestions.

The project is to create a language binding translator for gluster. The translator is compiler that can covert the Gluster specific data formats and datas to a serialised format. This format generated at serverside is passed to the client. The client can use any programming language supported by our language translator. Using this language he can get data from the serialised data stream sent over the network from the server. This works like thrift or protobuf but specially made for gluster accomadate its specific needs.

Isn't it right?