Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs-3.3.0qa34 released

From: Ian Latter
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs-3.3.0qa34 released
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:56:41 +1000

Hello,

  I've written a work around for this issue (in 3.3.0qa35)
by adding a new configuration option to glusterd
(ignore-strict-checks) but there are additional checks
within the posix brick/xlator.  I can see that volume starts
but the bricks inside it fail shortly there-after, and that of
the 5 disks in my volume three of them have one
volume_id and two them have another - so this isn't going
to be resolved without some human intervention.

  However, while going through the posix brick/xlator I
found the "volume-id" parameter.  I've tracked it back
to the volinfo structure in the glusterd xlator.

  So before I try to code up a posix inheritance for my
glusterd work around (ignoring additional checks so
that a new volume_id is created on-the-fly / as-needed),
does anyone know of a CLI method for passing the
volume-id into glusterd (either via "volume create" or
"volume set")?  I don't see one from the code ...
glusterd_handle_create_volume does a uuid_generate
and its not a feature of glusterd_volopt_map ...

  Is a user defined UUID init method planned for the CLI
before 3.3.0 is released?  Is there a reason that this
shouldn't be permitted from the CLI "volume create" ?

Ta,