Re: [Gluster-devel] NetBSD build fixes for 3.3

From: Amar Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] NetBSD build fixes for 3.3
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:24:53 +0530

On 04/20/2012 06:30 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Hello

I have a change set that seems to be stalled:
http://review.gluster.com/3053

Currently we are in a mode stabilizing the codebase itself for 3.3.0 release. Hence the delay in reviewing/taking that patch in.

The only comment is about the patch on a rpcgen'erated file whose .x
file is missing. Should I resubmit without the patch on that file?

Is there any plan for dealing with the missing .x ?

The reason why 'NFS' part of the code went into repository without having a corresponding .x file was, NFS XDRs are already a standard and there can't be any changes to it, where as GlusterFS specific XDRs are still evolving and we don't have any RFCs on it.

Hence, we may not need a .x file for NFS related code for now (at least for the timeframe of accepting your patch). - Avati/Vijay/Jeff, comment on this.

Regards,
Amar