[Gluster-devel] 3.3 and address family

From: Emmanuel Dreyfus
Subject: [Gluster-devel] 3.3 and address family
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 19:01:54 +0200

Hi

I am still trying on 3.3.0qa39, and now I have an address family issue:
gluserfs defaults to inet6 transport while the machine is not configured
for IPv6.

I added option transport.address-family inet in glusterfs/glusterd.vol
and now glusterd starts with an IPv4 address, but unfortunately,
communication with spawned glusterfsd do not stick to the same address
family: I can see packets going from ::1.1023 to ::1.24007 and they are
rejected since I used transport.address-family inet.

I need to tell glusterfs to use the same address family. I already did a
patch for exactly the same problem some time ago, this is not very
difficult, but it would save me some time if someone could tell me where
should I look at in the code.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz