Re: [Gluster-devel] automake

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] automake
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 23:08:41 -0700

You might want to read autobook for the general theory behind autotools. Here's a quick summary -

aclocal prepares the running of autotools.
autoheader prepares autotools to generate a config.h to be consumed by C code
configure.ac is the "source" to discover the build system and accept user parameters
autoconf converts configure.ac to configure
Makefile.am is the "source" to define what is to be built and how.
automake converts Makefile.am to Makefile.in

till here everything is scripted in ./autogen.sh

running configure creates Makefile out of Makefile.in

now run make :)

Avati