[Gluster-devel] Hide Feature

From: Ian Latter
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Hide Feature
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 15:47:06 +1000

Hello,

  I have published an untested "hide" module (compiled
against glusterfs-3.2.6);

    A simple method for hiding an underlying directory
    structure from parent/up-stream bricks within
    GlusterFS.  In 2012 this code was spawned from
    my incomplete 2009 dedupe brick code which used
    this method to protect its internal hash database
    from the user, above.

    http://midnightcode.org/projects/saturn/code/hide-0.5.tgz

  I am serious when I mean untested - I've not even
loaded the module under Gluster, it simply compiles.

  Let me know if there are tweaks that should be made
or considered.

Enjoy.

--
Ian Latter