[Gluster-devel] Fuse operations

From: Ian Latter
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Fuse operations
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 15:55:55 +1000

Hello,

  I published the Hide module in order to open a
discussion around Fuse operations;

http://fuse.sourceforge.net/doxygen/structfuse__operations.html

  In the dedupe module I want to secure the hash
database from direct parent/use manipulation.
The approach that I took was to find every
GlusterFS file operation (fop) that took a loc_t
parameter (as discovered via every xlator that is
included in the tarball), in order to do path
matching and then pass-through the call or
return an error.

  The problem is that I can't find GlusterFS
examples for all of the Fuse operators and, when
I stray from the examples (like getattr and
utiments), gluster tells me that there are no
such xlator fops (at compile time - from the wind
and unwind macros).

  So, I guess;
    1) Are all Fuse/FS ops handled by Gluster?
    2) Where can I find a complete list of the
         Gluster fops, and not just those that have
         been used in existing modules?
    3) Is it safe to path match on loc_t? (i.e. is
         it fully resolved such that I won't find
         /etc/././././passwd)?  This I could test ..

Thanks,

--
Ian Latter
Late night coder ..