[Gluster-devel] Gluster VSA for VMware ESX

From: 7220022
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Gluster VSA for VMware ESX
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 19:22:57 +0400

Would love to test performance of Gluster Virtual Storage Appliance for VMware, but cannot get the demo. Emails and calls to Red Hat went unanswered.

We've built a nice test system for the cluster at our lab, 8 modern servers running ESX4.1 and connected via 40gb InfiniBand fabric. Each server has 24 2.5" drives, SLC SSD and 10K SAS HDD-s connected to 6 LSI controllers with CacheCade (Pro 2.0 with write cache enabled,) 4 drives per controller.

The plan is to test performance using bricks made of HDD-s cached with SSD-s, as well as HDD-s and SSD-s separately.

Can anyone help getting the demo version of VSA?  It’s fine if it’s a beta version, we just wanted to check the performance and scalability.