[Gluster-devel] Asking about Gluster Performance Factors

From: 박은준
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Asking about Gluster Performance Factors
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 12:23:12 +0000 (GMT)

May 16, 2012

Dear Gluster Dev Team :

I'm Ethan, Assistant engineer in Samsung electronics. Reviewing your paper, I have some questions of performance factors in gluster.

First, what does it mean the option "performance.cache-*"? Does it mean read cache? If does, what's difference between the options "prformance.cache-max-file-size" and "performance.cache-size" ?

I read your another paper("performance in a gluster system, versions 3.1.x") and it says as below on Page 12,

(Gluster Native protocol does not implement write caching, as we believe that the modest performance improvements from rite caching do not justify the risk of cache coherency issues.)

Second, how much is the read throughput improved as configuring 2-way replication? we need any statistics or something like that.

("performance in a gluster system, versions 3.1.x") and it says as below on Page 12,

(However, read throughput is generally improved by replication, as reads can be delivered from either storage node)

I would ask you to return ASAP.

Sincerely yours,

Ethan Eunjun Park

Assistant Engineer,

Solution Development Team, Media Solution Center

416, Maetan 3-dong, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do 443-742, Korea

Mobile : 010-8609-9532

E-mail : address@hidden

http://www.samsung.com/sec