Re: [Gluster-devel] memory corruption in release-3.3

From: Emmanuel Dreyfus
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] memory corruption in release-3.3
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 15:50:25 +0200

Emmanuel Dreyfus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Looking at the code, I see that there are places where loc->path is
> allocated by gf_strdup(). I see other places where it is copied from
> another buffer. Since this is done without reference counts, it seems
> likely that there is a double free somewhere. Opinions?

I added a second argument to gf_strdup() so that the calling function
can pass __func__, and I started logging gf_strdup() allocations to
track a possible double free.

ANd the result is... the offending free() is done on a loc->path that
was not allocated by gf_strdup(). Can it be allocated by another
function?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz