Re: [Gluster-devel] A healing translator

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] A healing translator
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 00:48:43 -0700

I've tried to understand how AFR works and, in some way, some of the ideas have been taken from it. However it is very complex and a lot of changes have been carried out in the master branch over the latest months. It's hard for me to follow them while actively working on my translator. Nevertheless, the main reason to take a separate path was that AFR is strongly bound to replication (at least from what I saw when I analyzed it more deeply. Maybe things have changed now, but haven't had time to review them).

Have you reviewed the proactive self-heal daemon (+ changelog indexing translator) which is a potential functional replacement for what you might be attempting?

Avati