Re: [Gluster-devel] Cannot run VMware Virtual Machines on GlusterFS

From: Fernando Frediani (Qube)
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Cannot run VMware Virtual Machines on GlusterFS
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:55:37 +0000

Hi Tomaoaki,
Thanks for investigating it.
I believe that behaviour you see on your environment is exactly the same here.

I thought originally it could be something that way ESXi mounts the NFS and
also changed a few options on the volume GlusterFS(NFS) but didn't work.
Just out of curiosity and I don't think it would be related to this problem,
but previously I've tried using striped+replicated+distributed and I couldn't
even browse the Datastore or deploy a machine. With Distributed+Replicated I
can store data there, it can see the files, so the issue is only when trying to
power it on.

Regards,

Fernando