Re: [Gluster-devel] split brain: how should it be cured?

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] split brain: how should it be cured?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:04:01 -0700

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:02 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:00:08PM -0700, Anand Avati wrote:
> On the contrary, "Yesterday" example is not a split brain, but "today"
> example is a split brain. Though I'm not sure what steps you performed
> before you landed in that situation.

I just killed one brick while building the NetBSD tree. As I reported
earlier, this wrecks the filesystem beyond recovery: I have to unmount
and remont in order to use it again. I have not been able to track
this down to a simple test case, though.

> The entire problem boils down to basically two attributes
> - permission and ownership.

What about extended attributes?

Extended attributes today are treated as an atomic unit w.r.t self-healing (just like directory entries).

AvatiĀ