Re: [Gluster-devel] Hang in glfs_init_wait()

From: Bharata B Rao
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Hang in glfs_init_wait()
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:03:31 +0530

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Anand Avati <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Bharata B Rao <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Anand Avati <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
>> > Why do you want to re-init an already existing object?
>>
>> As you note below, I don't want to re-init but rather do fini and init :)
>>

> My question came from a different angle. glfs_fini() will be destroying the
> entire object. You need to get hold of a new object with glfs_new() and do
> glfs_init() on the new object. I see no real reason in providing a
> glfs_fini() api which will result in partial destruction of glfs_t and also
> lets you to glfs_init() on it again. You might as well leave the glfs_t
> as-is and avoid an extra glfs_init() for the second access.

I am not doing any re-init on the existing glfs object. I do the 2nd
setup (glfs_new etc) from the scratch.
So I am not expecting glfs_fini to do any partial destruction.

Forget about re-init etc, all I am asking is I have done glfs_new,
glfs_set_volfile_server and glfs_init and I want to undo it. Can you
provide glfs_fini for this ?

Regards,
Bharata.