Re: [Gluster-devel] question on glusterfs kvm performance

From: Yin Yin
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] question on glusterfs kvm performance
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:44:21 +0800

Hi,Bharata B Rao:
       I have try your patch, but has some problem. I found that both glusterfs and qemu have a fun uuid_is_null.
glusterfs use contrib/uuid/isnull.c
qemu use block/vdi.c

I test the api/example, the glfsxmp.c call uuid_is_null in contrib/uuid/isnull.c
but qemu/block/gluster.c finally call the uuid_is_null in vdi.c which cause vm can't boot.

I was wonder why this happen?

Best Regards,
yin.yin

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Bharata B Rao <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Yin Yin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bharata B Rao :
>       Thanks!! This is what I wanted!
>       I'll try your patch and make some test.
>       BTW: why gluster-qemu integration had so high performance than fuse
> mount?

With no FUSE overhead, IO path becomes simpler with no back and forth
transition to kernel.

Regards,
Bharata.