[Gluster-devel] Question about the synctask

From: Gustavo Bervian Brand
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Question about the synctask
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:55:43 +0200

Hello,

  Some days ago when I mentioned I was using syncop_*() calls and Avati asked if I was triggering them from a synctask worker.

  By what I can see the synctask_new will create a new thread each time, so if want a real syncronous execution from within a sequence of readv calls, creating a synctask at each readv doesn't seem a good way to go because the order of execution of these threads is not guaranteed to be sequential.

  So, my question is why the syncop calls wouldn't be ok to be executed outside a synctask worker in this scenario (or any other)?
  I didn't find any documentation about this, so that's why I am asking.

Thanks in advance,
Gustavo Bervian Brand