Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterd crashes when synctask is used in conjunctio

From: Jeff Darcy
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterd crashes when synctask is used in conjunction with inner functions.
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 08:18:57 -0400

On 10/08/2012 11:03 PM, Amar (ಅಮರ್ ತುಂಬಳ್ಳಿ) wrote:
It was me who introduced inner functions with patch
http://review.gluster.org/3829.

The reason was to keep the changes as minimal as possible within that
particular patch. I have no objections to remove the inner functions
completely from the codebase.

But it was good exercise to understand the reason for crash though :-)

We geeks need to have fun sometimes. ;) Seriously, I think it is an elegant concept and way of doing things. If the gcc implementation weren't buggy, I'd encourage use of inner functions in many more places. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. We'll have to wait until we're all writing our code in Go or Rust or something.