Re: [Gluster-devel] SSL in 3.4.0qa1

From: Kaleb S. KEITHLEY
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] SSL in 3.4.0qa1
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 07:33:23 -0400

On 10/31/2012 06:31 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Hi

I would like to test SSL in 3.4.0qa1 but cannot find the documentation.

 From prior testing, I recall I had to do gluster volume set in order
to configure CA, cert and key, but it does not work:

# gluster volume set gfs transport.socket.ssl-ca-list  /etc/openssl/ca.crt
volume set: failed: option : transport.socket.ssl-ca-list does not exist
Did you mean transport.keepalive?
volume set: failed

How would it be done?

In a quick grovel through the code I see things like transport.socket.ssl-enabled, along with transport.socket.ssl-own-cert, transport.socket.ssl-private-key, and transport.socket.ssl-ca-list.

A quick read suggests to me that if you already have your key, cert, and ca files in /etc/ssl/glusterfs.{key,pem,ca} you need simply set transport.socket.ssl-enabled = true.

Moreover, I only see transport.socket.ssl-enabled in the CLI side of things, i.e. .../xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/..., which suggests that the key, cert, and ca would need to be over-ridden in the volume file.

HTH.

--

Kaleb