Re: [Gluster-devel] Questions on SSL in 3.4.0qa2

From: Emmanuel Dreyfus
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Questions on SSL in 3.4.0qa2
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 02:58:45 +0100

Jeff Darcy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Not really.  That's the connection we make to glusterd on the remote node to
> get the port number for the brick (that's also why the xlator shows as
> "glusterfs" instead of "gfs33-client-X") and that connection is not SSL.

It would be nice if you could write a succint doc about SSL usage. What
about a section on volume option in gluster.8?

        volume set <VOLNAME> <OPTION> <PARAMETER> [<OPTION> <PARAMETER>] ...
              Set the volume options, see specific section below.
(...)
VOLUME OPTIONS
        Specific informations for some particular volumes options:
        - server.ssl  Enable SSL...
        - client.ssl

> Thanks for reporting that.  I've submitted a patch to fix it.

I will test it soon (for now I struggle to diagnose non SSL spurious split
brains.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz