[Gluster-devel] FUSE/libglusterfs with nfs-ganesha

From: Robert Hajime Lanning
Subject: [Gluster-devel] FUSE/libglusterfs with nfs-ganesha
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:36:33 -0800

I have been looking into the NFS export of the FUSE mount thing. (mount -t nfs localhost:/...)

In my search for a userspace NFS daemon, I found nfs-ganesha.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/nfs-ganesha/

Has anyone tried linking the FUSE client to the FSAL_FUSELIKE module?

It is under active development by Panasas and IBM. But their FUSE module isn't being maintained. (v1.5.1 currently won't compile)

The reason I am looking at this specifically, other than running the GlusterFS server on all my clients, is that I am creating a private IaaS and I need to dynamically add/remove clients.

I can write a REST API to have clients auto register to the cluster. Then have a cron job that runs through disconnected peers that are not serving bricks and remove them. But if I can use a normal client and nfs-ganesha, it would be a lot simpler and a lot less state maintenance.

--
Mr. Flibble
King of the Potato People