Re: [Gluster-devel] 3.4 Beta Schedule?

From: Dan Ringdahl
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] 3.4 Beta Schedule?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:04:28 -0800

On 12/06/2012 01:57 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
On 12/06/2012 05:17 AM, John Mark Walker wrote:
Vijay, Avati, Jeff, et al - was just wondering when we can expect the first beta for 3.4 to drop.

We need more testing before we can arrive at the beta. Ideally, we would like to hit beta this month.

If you need more testing of the qa releases, just let us know.

I have tried to enumerate the new features that are going to be in GlusterFS 3.4 here:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features34
Was multi-master geo-replication dropped for 3.4? It is still noted on this page (which is also the first result if you do a Google search for gluster 3.4):

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning34

Help for testing and documentation of these features would be very useful. More feedback is very much essential for converging on beta and the release itself. If nightly qa releases are going to help, we can consider doing that as well.

Thanks,
Vijay