[Gluster-devel] Python module for xattr

From: Fred van Zwieten
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Python module for xattr
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:15:40 +0100

Hi there,

I want to use python to query the (gluster) extended attributes of files.

I found pyxattr. I also found this, but that seems a work in progress and for a way to new version of python. Is pyxattr the module of choice or are there any other options? What is gluster itself using? (I found a python module called libcxattr that seem to be a wrapper around the c library using ctypes).

I only need to read the user.* and trusted.* namespaces.

Cheers,
Fred