Re: [Gluster-devel] compiling 3.3 , error

From: Jeff Darcy
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] compiling 3.3 , error
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:55:46 -0500

On 1/4/13 4:32 PM, Jay Vyas wrote:
> Hi guys:  Im trying to build glusterfs so I can look into the shared
> object files. However, Im getting this error.
>
> Im not quite sure how to run make in verbose mode.   it seems like the
> mode it is running in is quiet.  Also, forgive my ignorance of the
> debugging the C build process if im missing something trivial here:
> thanks in advance ... j

Even with a normal build (I always always always use rpmbuild myself) I usually
see more error info than that.  In any case, you can always try "V=1 make" and
see if it helps.  Alternatively, you could grab an already-built RPM and unpack
it to get at the shared objects.  What exactly are you trying to do, at a
higher level?