Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfx_ctx_new missing after making libglusterfs

From: Kaleb S. KEITHLEY
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfx_ctx_new missing after making libglusterfs
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 14:21:01 -0500

On 01/07/2013 01:26 PM, Jay Vyas wrote:
Hi guys, I just did a make/install of glusterfs from source and found
the following error when running "gluster volume info"...

gluster: symbol lookup error: gluster: undefined symbol: glusterfs_ctx_new.

Any thoughts on how i might fix this ?  I assume i need to drop some
library files into a directory somewhere.

Sounds like you have a mixed system installed from 3.3.1 or earlier RPMs (libs installed in /usr/lib64/) and also built from a recent source checkout (libs installed in /usr/local/... probably???)

glusterfs_ctx_new() is relatively new in libglusterfs on the head of the tree for libgfapi.

--

Kaleb