[Gluster-devel] Client side translators doubt

From: Gustavo Bervian Brand
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Client side translators doubt
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 19:43:24 +0100

Hello,

  I sent a msg at the IRC and got no feedback... the message was long, so I'm copying it here.

  I'm trying some volumes configurations with 2 nodes, each one having a gluster client and server running.

  Both clients have each one a volume related to my translator, which has as sub volumes two "protocol/client" subvolumes (one subvol pointing to the local node's IP/vol and another pointing to the remote node IP/vol).

  This works OK, and here comes the problem: when I try to change the local vol at the client side from a "protocol/client" type to a "posix" type the read breaks with -1 (operation not permitted). Since the access is local this would make sense to don't go through the client/server protocol stack, but access directly through posix translator.

  I don't see why it shouldn't work. The only different thing is the same backend directory is used by protocol/client and posix translators in this case... this is allowed?

Thanks,

Gustavo Brand