Re: [Gluster-devel] looking for a start point to start Glusterfs develop

From: Kunal Kushwaha
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] looking for a start point to start Glusterfs development
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:35:08 +0530

Thanks Vijay and Gustavo,

Your pointers are helpful.

Looking forward to work with you all :)

Best Regards,
Kunal Kushwaha

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Gustavo Bervian Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Kunal,

  I began to study gluster and use it to try some concepts by the middle of 2012 and for me the most useful sources of information were/are:

  To begin with:
  - The four posts "Translator 101" from Jeff Darcy at http://hekafs.org/index.php/2011/11/
  - The translator api description at http://hekafs.org/dist/xlator_api_2.html

  Then:
  - The gluster-devel list history at http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.devel
  - About the gluster protocol comm, some reverse engineering Niels presented at the last Gluster workshop at Linuxcon
       http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/File:Gluster_Wireshark_Niels_de_Vos.pdf

  And some online doxygen documentation I found through the web from version 3.2.7 (you can always generate it yourself, but a direct like that sometimes is useful too).
  - http://fossies.org/unix/privat/glusterfs-3.2.7.tar.gz/dox/struct__inode__ctx.html

Best,
Gustavo Brand