[Gluster-devel] NFS client authentication

From: Lachlan
Subject: [Gluster-devel] NFS client authentication
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:02:10 +0800

Hello.

Is there any sort of authentication method available for NFS clients in GlusterFS?
It doesn't need to be fancy, but IP address based authentication isn't really acceptable.
Previously I was using the auth.login protocol/server translator options for this, but can't now due to the NFS requirement.
The more integrated the authentication method is with GlusterFS the better. The reason for this is that I'm working on a translator that needs to be able to figure out the identity of the user who made a request.

Thanks