[Gluster-devel] Sick but still "alive" nodes

From: jayunit100
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Sick but still "alive" nodes
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 07:47:18 -0500

Hi guys: I just saw an issue on the Hfds mailing list that might be a potential
problem in gluster clusters.  It kind of reminds me of Jeff's idea of bricks as
first class objects in the API.

What happens if a gluster brick is on a machine which, although still alive,
performs poorly?

would such scenarios be detected and if so, can the brick be
decommissioned/ignored/moved ? If not it would be a cool feature to have
because I'm sure it happens from time to time.

Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com