[Gluster-devel] Is it safe to use synctask_{wake, yield} outside of __wa

From: Krishnan Parthasarathi
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Is it safe to use synctask_{wake, yield} outside of __wake and __yield macros?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:29:53 -0500 (EST)

In glusterd, I am trying to perform a series of syncops in a batch. ie, yield
the thread
once all the non-blocking operations are queued. The wakeup back to the yielded
thread
happens as part of the call_cnt mechanism in the callback(s).

Given this, I wanted to know if I would be flouting any of assumptions, if I
used
synctask_yield and synctask_wake as opposed to their macro counterparts. More
specifically,
is there a chance that synctask_get() would return NULL on a thread which is
part of a syncenv's
thread pool?

thanks,
krish