Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.4 Alpha Release

From: Emmanuel Dreyfus
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.4 Alpha Release
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:07:52 +0000

After working for a few hours, I have glusterd wrecking itslef
on a node. I already reported that for 3.4.0qa8, but at that time
it happened only on an amd64 machine, while now I get it on an i386.

Kernel trace shows no activity from glusterd. Attaching it with
gdb raise a pthrerad related assertion failure in gdb. Obviously
the glusterd memory is corrupted at that time.

On 3.4.0qa8 I started investigating with electric-fence, and found an arg
array to lack NULL termination. I did not have time to post a fix,
but obviosuly a memory corruption byg remain in 3.4.0alpha. For now
it seems it strikes only at mine, but who knows? It may bite someone lese
differently.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus