Re: [Gluster-devel] how to reinstall a peer?

From: krish
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] how to reinstall a peer?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:22:14 +0530

On 02/27/2013 10:58 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Emmanuel Dreyfus<address@hidden>  wrote:

          if (!xdr_string (xdrs, &objp->op_errstr, ~0))
                  return FALSE;
How is this supposed to work? Here is below the NetBSD xdr_string()
implementation from libc. Even if objp->op_errstr is not NULL, the
maxsize argument set to 0 will cause it to always retrurn false. Does it
has another semantic in Linux?
I overlooked it. ~0 is indeed not 0.

Hi Emmanuel,

I have attached a patch that should fix the glusterd crash on peer-probe.
xdr_string fails to serialize the supplied char * argument if it is NULL. This
patch ensures that we supply a empty string when we don't have an actual
errstr to send across the wire.

Interestingly, in Linux glusterd didn't crash, but encoding the response failed with
xdr_string failing to serialize a NULL string.

Could you raise a bug for this with the backtrace attached to it? That would be handy to
push this patch.

thanks,
krish