Re: [Gluster-devel] Test case for testing QEMU-GlusterFS

From: B N Poornima
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Test case for testing QEMU-GlusterFS
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:32:09 +0530

On 02/11/2013 04:25 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
On 02/05/2013 03:03 PM, B N Poornima wrote:
Hi,
I'm planning to add a test case to the existing GlusterFS test framework
to test the Qemu-GlusterFS aspects. This test will create a volume,
mount it and copy a VM image to it.  It will then use QEMU to boot the
VM image on GlusterFS backend. Hence, want to discuss about the issues
and requirements that will arise while adding the test to the framework.

Thanks for this initiative.

* First of all, as the test needs to boot a VM image, we need to host
the image in the build server.  What are the issues that we could face
in doing so?

There should not be any. If you point us to the image, we can get it on the build server.

* Test will use QEMU to boot the VM image. Can QEMU be made available on
the build server ?

Yes. Is there a specific version of QEMU that you are looking at?

* When we boot the VM image using qemu, either we need to have a
standard password for the image that will be stored in the build server
or should go for password-less ssh access.
   In the latter case, ssh id from the host system from which we boot
the guest needs to be copied to the guest system. Do we see any problems
here?

The approach does seem fine to me.

Regards,
Vijay

Vijay,
Following the discussions over gluster review, can you please let me know when the x86_64 build VMs would be made available for this QEMU-GlusterFS test case to get accepted?