Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] 4-glusterfs-socket: is not a valid p

From: krish
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] 4-glusterfs-socket: is not a valid port identifier, connection attempt failed (Connection refused)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:56:46 +0530

Hi Nux!

On 03/14/2013 06:15 AM, Nux! wrote:
Hi,

I keep seeing this in my logs on all servers: http://fpaste.org/RGuu/

What does it mean?

I thought it may be related to NFS so I disabled that for the only volume left that I had, but no change.

Despite the errors the volume seems functional though.
This is 3.4.0-alpha2.

I really want to put something in production but always keep getting in some sort of errors..

The errors that you see are benign.

Why do you see those logs?
A client attempts to bind to a port before connecting to the server. On Linux systems, we check if the port is reserved by looking for it in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_reserved_ports. If /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_reserved_port contained only a newline (viz. perfectly legal), the parsing logic in 3.4 alpha2, would complain that newline character is an invalid port.

This has been fixed in master branch - See http://review.gluster.com/4583

HTH,
krish