Re: [Gluster-devel] Glusterd: A New Hope

From: Nux!
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Glusterd: A New Hope
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 09:54:25 +0000

On 25.03.2013 09:38, Vidar Hokstad wrote:

I'm happy you recognise the issue of Java. I'd see having to drag that
around as a major barrier. One of the major benefits of glusterfs is the simplicity of deployment compared to many alternatives, and that benefit would be massively diminished if I needed to deal with a Java dependency.

Also a user. I'd hate to see further complexity added, especially through java. One of the strong points of glusterfs for me is the relative simplicity of it and ease of use (in contrast to say, the voodoo required to install and maintain ceph):
`gluster peer proble`
`gluster volume create`
Voila, you're up and running!

There's work to be done in stability and performance, though.

IMHO,
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro