Re: [Gluster-devel] Glusterd: A New Hope

From: Jeff Darcy
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Glusterd: A New Hope
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:25:41 -0400

On 03/25/2013 10:53 AM, Vidar Hokstad wrote:
> as long as the
> chosen option doesn't make day to day troubleshooting and maintenance
> much harder...

Completely agree.

> For a large deployment I agree you _need_ to
> know those kind of things, but for a small one I'd be inclined to just
> make every node hold the configuration data.

That's what we do now.  It does basically work at small scale, and we'd
like to preserve its simplicity whenever we can.  At larger scale, as
you point out, administrators will have to be a little more aware of the
coordination role and manage coordinator locations a little more
carefully to reduce communication cost and the corresponding potential
for partial success of an update (which could leave configs out of sync).