Re: [Gluster-devel] Error compiling git tree

From: Nux!
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Error compiling git tree
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 15:37:57 +0100

On 01.04.2013 13:41, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
I don't know what xlators/features/protect/... is. It's not in the
release-3.4 branch that I just cloned, checked out, and built.

Indeed my checkout of release-3.4 and RPM build moments ago worked
fine, so AFAIK nothing has broken since Thursday when the full
regression test was ran to validate my latest changes to the
glusterfs.spec.in — http://review.gluster.org/4742 and
http://review.gluster.org/4743.

Here are the steps I did:

14 8:13 git clone ssh://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git glusterfs-release-3.4
    15  8:17    cd glusterfs-release-3.4
    17  8:17    git checkout release-3.4
    20  8:17    ./autogen.sh
    29  8:20    ./configure --enable-fusermount
    30  8:21    make dist
    31  8:21    cd extras/LinuxRPM/
    33  8:21    make glusterrpms

As Jeff has already mentioned, you need to figure out why
xlators/features/protect/... is not in your tree when you run `make
dist`. Or you need to figure out why xlators/features/protect/* is in
your configure.ac.

HTH.

Hi Kaleb and thanks for the instructions. I may have mixed up stuff, who knows. I'll try to build it again shortly.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro