Re: [Gluster-devel] What does features/index xlator do? Can I move indic

From: Amar Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] What does features/index xlator do? Can I move indices dir for online servers to avoid xfs shutdown
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:53:48 +0530

On 04/22/2013 08:58 AM, 符永涛 wrote:
> Dear Amar,
> Sorry to bother but I want to ask some help related to glusterfs.
> Recently we have encountered a xfs shutdown issue related to glusterfs
> rebalance. Finally we found it is related to fops related to
> ./glusterfs/indices/xattrop directory.
> I find it is related to glusterfs features/index xlator.
> My question is what does this xlator do? I find the indices dir can be
> configured in server-side volume files. Is it safe to move is somewhere
> else for online servers?

features/index translator keeps track of files which needs self-heal
(with respect to replicate xlator). About changing the volume files (ie,
moving the xlator position in volfile directly), we don't recommend it
as the default setup is the only one which gets tested both by QE and
almost all the user base.

Anyways, couple of questions to you on the issue you are facing.

* Please specify the version of GlusterFS you are using.
* when you say we have encountered a xfs shutdown [1] related "glusterfs
rebalance", can you post glusterfs rebalance logs?

Regards,
Amar