[Gluster-devel] file brick locations without libgfapi / xattr

From: Jay Vyas
Subject: [Gluster-devel] file brick locations without libgfapi / xattr
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 13:35:37 -0400

Hi guys:

Is there a way to "guess" which node / brick contains a file in glusterfs, without using xattrs ?

We need programmatic access to optimize locality, and currently are doing this with xattrs, however, we'd like to simply get the gluster meta data in a platform neutral way.

One very silly solutoin might be:

ssh into each server, and account time to read 50KB from the file, and select the fasted read time as the "local" server.

But of course, this would be a really bad hack :) ^^

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com