Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFlow 0.0.1 :)

From: Justin Clift
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFlow 0.0.1 :)
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 22:03:43 +0100

On 08/05/2013, at 9:18 PM, Nux! wrote:
> On 08.05.2013 18:24, Justin Clift wrote:
>> Hey Jeff,
>> *Finally* got all of the pieces of the GlusterFlow thing I've been
>> working on functional (end to end):
>
> Wow, looks nice! I can't code, but if you can come up with some install
> instructions I'm happy to test.

It'll probably be at least a fortnight or so until it's really at a point
where other people can try it out.  There's too many (home lan) hard coded
IP addresses and stuff in it at the moment.

> Besides the "top" with most used files, is it possible to also display most
> hit bricks/hosts?

In my head :) the plan is to have each every file operation send which host
it's coming from as well as all other possible useful data.  If the exact
brick(s) the data comes from can be found (no idea yet) then that'll be
sent to the central data collector too.

Also hoping at least the client hostname for each request can be
determined too (again, no idea yet).  That would let stats/analysis show
up the heaviest users, times of day, etc.

*Ideally* the front end should be extremely easy to use + powerful.  Not
totally sure how to approach that yet, so it'll likely take some mucking
around with different ideas to see what does and doesn't work.  Then go
from there.

> --

Hmmm... do the Borg have an API?  Would ease their assimilation into
the Gluster Supercolony. :)

Which makes me think... wonder what an API for GlusterFlow would look
like?

+ Justin