Re: [Gluster-devel] Issues and PR's on the GlusterFS github repos

From: Justin Clift
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Issues and PR's on the GlusterFS github repos
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:08:48 +1000

On 28/05/2013, at 11:48 PM, Michael Brown wrote:
> On 13-05-28 02:25 AM, Anand Avati wrote:
>> Github is just a mirror, and that is even explicitly state in the
>> description of the repo. We can add more mirrors, but that does not resolve
>> the confusion of people raising pull-requests on Github. And these invalid
>> pull-requests isn't so bad an issue that we take down the Github mirror.
> I'd suggest you make it an explicit mirror; if you email the github team they
> can set this up. It'll look like:
>
> https://github.com/NetDirect/barry
>
> Doesn't look like that stop PRs though. You could make a bot that responds to
> them with 'Sorry, please submit to URL' and closes them.

Automatic bots like that are also pretty rude.  People can take
many hours of their time putting together patches... to then have
them auto-rejected without someone even looking at them is crappy.

I know of some projects that do this, and it's not good.  Not sure
of "the right way" to do this though. :/

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift